Thursday, December 06, 2007

Business in the nude

Christina Binkley's article at the WSJ reminded me of the time I met some work colleagues in the Netherlands for an invigorating game of squash. Afterwards we decided to relax in the sauna and I was shocked to find everyone else had neglected to wear a towel! I still get ribbed today for hiding my most valuable business assets.

Behind stories like this and those related by Christina, though, lie an important point. It pays to do your homework before travelling to another country on business. Get it right and you'll make a good impression, get it wrong and you risk having wasted your trip.

Do you have an interesting story to tell about a cross-cultural faux-pas in the business world? Leave a comment or drop us a line!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home